All for the Love of Horseless Carriages & Authentic Classic Automobiles

1906 Cadillac Tulip Touring

Jerome W. “Jerry” Hubert born into this world on December 27, 1923. He turned out to be more than just a Christmas gift to his Dad and Mom and his four siblings back in Amery, Wisconsin.

He has become a gift to every person that loves classic, beautiful creations of automobile wonder. We at R&R Northwest Publications are proud to bring you seven of Jerry’s completed artistic creations with an additional sneak preview update on three more works in progress.

1912 Ford Model “T” Touring
Started 1956 Four Year Restoration
Capacity: 4 Adults, 4 CYL power plant, 20 HP, 2 speed transmission on the floor, 10 gal. gas tank, 30”x 3” T&W up front and 30”x 3 ½” on the rear, Carbide Gas Generator mounted on running board, brass side lamps and tail lights on kerosene oil, Carbide Gas fed brass headlamps, 45 to 50 MPH top speed, deep diamond tucked black leather upholstery, dark blue color with white striping and black fenders. The brass side lamps, brass horn, brass step pads and Cars Top were accessory items back in 1912 and priced accordingly. This award winning Model ”T” has been featured in two movies and on national TV on several occasions. Winner of the prestigious “LaBarre Trophy” and many more.

1911 Ford Model “T” Open Touring

Four to Five Year Restoration
Capacity: 4 Adults, all stock 4 CYL, 20 HP, 2 speed tranny, 30” x 3” Ash Spoke wheels upfront and 30”x 3 ½” on the rear, 45 to 50 MPH, shipped and priced like 1912 with brass radiator and front brass windshield frame with glass, came as standard equipment – all other extra items were priced as accessories. Beautiful bright red color on body with white striping, black hood and black fenders with deep diamond tucked black leather interior. 100% authentically built to detail.

1925 Ford Model “T” Roadster
Four Year Restoration
Capacity: 2 Adults, all stock 4 CYL, 20 HP, 2 speed tranny, 45 to 50 MPH, shipped with same driving features as 1911 and 1912 “T”s, except this one is black on black with no brass accessories added. A beautiful all black leather interior topped off this gorgeous 1925 “T” Roadster. This is another world class award winner, also receiving the ”LaBarre Trophy” for the patience and perfection to detail by Jerry on all of his artistic auto creations.

1930 Ford Model “A” Deluxe Roadster
with Dual Side Mounts
Capacity: 2+2 Adults, All stock 4 CYL for power, 3 speed trans, wide white walls on all four corners plus two more on the fenders with stock yellow wire spokes for fun. This Model “A” Deluxe came complete with everything on it that Ford offered in 1930. Rumble seat, leather carrying case at rear, chrome step pads, etched side wind windows, deluxe roadster top. Beautiful Candy Blue color with white striping and black fenders. A deluxe red leather interior to match the Rumble Seat. Yes, two adults in the cab and two more in the Rumble Seat for a fun time ride, in this another big fantastic show winner.

1906 Cadillac Tulip Touring
7 to 8 Year Restoration
Capacity: 4 Adults, right hand drive horseless carriage. One horizontal cylinder (5” bore 5” Stroke), chain drive, side start crank, 10 HP, 2 speed transmission with reverse, 20 to 25 MPH. Ten gallon gas tank, 30” x 3 ½” tires and wheels all the way around with red painted Ash Spokes, complete with pin striping. An all steel red painted and pinstriped show chassis, Steel hood and fenders and an all wood body.
The only paint color Cadillac used on these fabulous creations was called “Purple Lake.” It was used on the body only with black for the fenders and trim. Again with straight as an arrow accented pin striping. The interior is done in a deep diamond tucked and rolled rich Cordovan Leather to match the body. Brass Carbide Gas side-mount Generator, brass side lamps, brass headlights and a brass driver’s steering light at hand level. Jerry received the Stanley Wanless Award for his attention to detail and perfection at the Concours d’Elegance in Forest Grove, Oregon, in 1995.
Watch for coming issues of R&R as Jerry is about 95% done with a sister car in a 1906 Cadillac Roadster. Another beautiful artistic creation work in progress.

1912 Rambler Touring
6 to 7 Year Restoration
Capacity: 4 to 5 Adults, 4 CYL for power – est. 35 to 40 HP, 2 speed transmission. 12 volt system with magneto, 55 to 60 MPH, rich nickel plated brass headlamps and side lamps, all fed from an on-board Carbide Gas Reservoir. 36”x 4” white pneumatic rubber tires off set the Wood Spoke Artillery Wheels, with an extra spare on the rear. The interior is a black Cordovan deep diamond tucked leather with the deluxe top. This Rambler Touring comes in at over 15’ in length and has room for the Babies Basket in the rear seat area. Rambler was one of the true quality upscale cars of its time. This award winning car was featured in the filming of A&E’s story on “America’s Castles” at the Pittock Mansion here in Portland. This is another one of Jerry’s phenomenal restorations of automotive creative wonderment and another winner at the Concours d’Elegance in Forest Grove a few years back.

1915 Franklin Air Cooled Touring
4 to 5 year Restoration
Capacity: 4 to 5 Adults, 6 CYL, 40 HP, first air cooled engine in production in USA. 12 volt system, with Dynamo Starter, generator with built in compressor for on board use. 34”x 4” pneumatic tires with Ash Wood Spoke Wheels. This 1915 Franklin was truly a futuristic wonder in design and engineering for its time, with its all aluminum body and the designing of the Air Flow System to cool that power plant. The articulate detail to restoration in every part and piece that is used in Jerry’s cars are 100% to the original specs. The color on this unique creation is labeled “Brewster Green” and she is one big long and wide green machine. You probably won’t see another one like this anytime soon. Jerry is working on another 1925 Franklin Roadster featuring a dual cowling. It appears to be about 20’ long and has about an 8’ long hood. A work in progress.

Another work in progress is a 1909 Brush Roadster, a rare car only made from 1907 to 1911, and it features a 1 CYL (4 ½” bore and 5″ stroke) for power with an all wood frame, wooden axle front and rear and wood body with steel fenders.

Jerry relocated here to the Portland area in 1946 after serving honorably in the US Navy during WWII. He perfected his life-long talent of repairing watches and started H&H Jewelers in the Hollywood District. He met and married his wife Gerry in 1949 and together they raised two fantastic children, a daughter, Lynnette and a son, Kim. Jerry and Gerry are proud grandparents of five, two boys and three girls. Together they are very active in their local church, and Jerry who recently celebrated his 91st birthday, is also a charter member of the Horseless Carriage Club of America, and helped start the Portland Chapter back in 1965. Memberships also include the Rose City Model T Club, The Franklin Club, The Model T Ford Club of America and the Portland Swap Meet Committee. We at R&R NW Publications want to thank you Mr. & Mrs. Hubert for caring and sharing your fantastic story and the thousands of hours and over 60 years of Restorations to immaculate detailed perfection on each and every one of your artistic creative automobile wonders.

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *